As part of a competition to beautify the city, the physician and sculptor Max Lange, who was working in Leipzig at the time, designed this fountain in 1913 and thus won the first prize. It was initially intended to put him on the Naschmarkt. Why this did not happen is not known. He finally arrived at his present location.The name of the fountain was initially Puttenbrunnen. Naked depictions of children are called putti in art, wings are present, even angels. These are missing here. Because of the west of the fountain standing Lipsia house, the name Lipsia wells, which now officially applies. Lipsia is the Latin name for Leipzig.
September 10, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.