Bike Touring Highlight
The bastion was built between 1843 and 1852 under hill and could be occupied with 390 men. Striking is the massive built Doppelcaponniere, which today is located directly on the main road. In addition, the complete surviving work consists of a small reduit - in the designs was a much larger planned -, reinforced with arches Escarpe, the valley wall, the 1880 traversed Wall, behind the Caponniere lying mortar battery and a dry ditch. In the Wallenden powder magazines were created, the left was later converted into a bullet loading magazine.
September 6, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!