Mountain Biking Highlight
The village was founded in 531 by the Thuringian tribe, but was first mentioned in documents in 981 as the imperial "villa Ebermarstad"; it belonged at that time to the monastery of St. Peter in Aschaffenburg. 1194 were called "Thimo and Cunradus de Ebermarstatt". 1200 owned the lords of key mountain the place. The church was first mentioned in 1308.King Ludwig the Bavarian gave his loyal and local landlords Conrad II von Schlüsselberg, who expanded after Waischenfeld now Ebermannstadt, in 1323 the market and city law. 1349, the key-Bergische property was divided. In 1390 Ebermannstadt came to the Bishopric of Bamberg and was under the jurisdiction of the Prince-Bishop of Bamberg.In the turmoil of the Hussite Wars, the Hussites burned down the city in 1430. 1469 the community was raised to an independent parish. A dispute over brewing rights with neighboring Pretzfeld led in 1510 to the beer war. Albrecht Dürer stayed in Ebermannstadt in 1515 and created an oil painting of the cityscape. The end of the Second Margrave War in 1552 brought the devastation Ebermannstadt by troops of the Margrave Albrecht Alcibiades. In the Thirty Years War, the Swedes occupied 1633 the place.Reference and further information: de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebermannstadt
June 22, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!