The Müngstener pavilion is built in neo-Gothic style and has a heptagon basic shape. It was built in 1901. In 1905 Diederichs painted this ceiling as well, but there is nothing left of it. The roof currently has a sheet metal cladding. The cement stucco imitates a natural stone square on the outer walls as far as the jambs of the pointed arches. The columns are provided with a neck ring and gothic bud capitals. This is followed by a narrow bead profile, a broad smooth plastered strip and the profiled cornice. The curly hood is covered with embossed copper sheets and crowned with a weathervane.
The interior is spanned by a dome made in Rabitz construction. Between the columns are waist-high wrought iron railings and the pointed arch openings are connected by decorated iron anchors.
In the presentation year of the Regional 2006, the Diederichstempel was extensively renovated. The Diederichstempel was registered on November 11, 1987 in the monument list of the city of Remscheid.
The pavilion is easily reached from the Napoleon Bridge. From it offers a beautiful view of the Müngstener bridge.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diederichstempel
August 13, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!