This imposing building in neo-Gothic style was constructed in two phases (1887-1892 and 1914-1921) and refers to the Gothic façades of the town hall of Bruges and Gruuthuse palace. Renowned artists such as Hendrik and Gustaaf Pickery carried out the interior decoration, the stained-glass windows and the ironwork. The building on the left side was originally intended to be the governor’s residence.
August 8, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!