Bike Touring Highlight
The St. John Nepomuk Chapel is a building on the inner Währinger belt at the height of Klammergasse (Währinger Gürtel Bogen 115) in the 9th district of Vienna Alsergrund. The chapel is a central building with a circular dome shell. On this dome structure close on all four sides short cross arms of the same length (floor plan: Greek cross). The altar constructions are designed in Neo-Renaissance forms.The sacred building was built around 1895 as a replacement for a because of the Wiener Stadtbahn (belt line) a few meters away broken line chapel after plans by Otto Wagner. The chapel was Otto Wagner's first sacred building in Vienna and is considered a model of the church built on the Steinhof about ten years later.Source: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/St.-Johannes-Nepomuk- chapel_ (Währinger_Gürtel)
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!