In 1952, the shepherd Anton Schratt built a simple bridge over the Weißach at this point for the first time in order to shorten the way to school for his son Gerd. At that time there was a large boulder in the middle of the river bed. From both sides, 3 medium-sized tree trunks formed the simple bridge construction up to the rock, a taut rope served as a handrail. This taut rope so stimulated the imagination that the bridge was known only as "Tarzansteg" among the locals. The bridge was destroyed when the Weißach swelled a few years after it was built and pushed the boulder downhill. The community then built a new bridge.
August 23, 2022
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.