Bike Touring Highlight
St. Mang is a Protestant-Lutheran parish church in the city of Kempten (Allgäu). She belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria. The existing building dates to a large extent from the 15th century. It is dedicated to Saints Magnus and Ulrich of Augsburg, the latter is rarely mentioned from the early modern period. The church was from 1527 the center of the Reformation in the Kempten area. It is named for St. Mang Square.
It was rebuilt in 1767 in Rococo style, a century later, the transformation in neo-Gothic style followed. From 1911 to 1913, many parts of this neo-Gothic remodeling of the exterior were dismantled, so that today's view is largely due to this restoration. In the 1970s, the interior was renovated; They put an altar pedestal with baptismal font under the historic pulpit, which was removed in 2007, the conversion of the interior again.
The best-known piece of equipment is the high altar, made in 1893 and awarded a gold medal at the Chicago World's Fair, which has been on the church since 1906.
August 29, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.