In 1871, the bridge over the Isartal was opened, at that time a pure steel truss construction. For structural reasons, it was largely converted into a girder bridge in 1958 and is still an important railway line - and a landmark visible in the southern Isar floodplains.On the north side of the truss bridge has been preserved, for a Rangiergleis, which is no longer used since 1981. As of 09/2018, there is an initiative in the city council to convert this track to a public pedestrian and bicycle path, as part of a rapid route between Theresenwiese and Giesing - the track is open, only the Munich city bike has to jump: Allez-hopp!
September 26, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!