An outstanding event in the 425-year history of shooting was the renovation and expansion of the Uhden glassworks with the old bakery in 1989. This object is the property of the Heimatschutzverein.
The history of the glassworks and the glass production at that time certainly found its heyday in the 19th century.
After the glassworks closed in 1906, the building fell into disrepair.
The "glassworks magic" was the name of the game in the press in August 1988 when the laying of the foundation stone was celebrated.A huge vote in the council and Paderborn region as well as an extensive advertising campaign by the Neuenbekener associations formed the basis for the restoration of the glassworks. The Neuenbeckers received further important support from banks, numerous companies and public institutions.
November 15, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.