Bike Touring Highlight
The Old Town Hall forms with the Knöpfleswäscherin fountain the center of the pedestrian zone Hauptstraße. Despite its simplicity, the noble structure with its beautiful balcony on the second floor and a roof turret, formerly used as a bell tower, is made of Jurassic limestone from Heidenheim quarries, especially from the Oolite rifts near Schnaitheim. Incidentally, parts of Vienna City Hall were also built using these sturdy natural stones. The year 1846 under the coat of arms - the Heidenkopf - on the eastern gable wall reminds of the completion.
Source: tomis mobi
June 15, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!