Mountain Biking Highlight
The parish church of St. Lawrence in Unteralpfen was built in the years 1662-1665 in the style of the late Renaissance. The tower was originally located on the north-east side and had to be demolished because of dilapidated and unsafe ground in the late 19th century. A new tower in Romanesque style was built in 1905/1906 and at the same time the nave was enlarged and a new sacristy was built. The stonework on the church and, above all, on the mighty tower, which was given special care in the latest exterior renovation in 1983/84, are evidence of great craftsmanship.
Church, rectory, parish barn are considered historical monuments, because they bear witness to the former life of a parish and its pastor. This included the Gottesacker. Parts of today's cemetery are still at their original location and together with the Pfarrwiese the visitor gets an idea of the former size of the parish Unteralpfen.
June 7, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!