Bike Touring Highlight
The building built by the Nuremberg patrician family Geuder von Heroldsberg is named after the color of its shutters. In 1510 Albrecht Dürer made his pen drawing “Das Kirchdorf” from here.
February 26, 2021
The Red Castle is still owned by the Brunel-Geuder family and is home to the Geuder archive, which dates back to 1330.
June 20, 2021
The Red Castle is the only castle in Heroldsberg that has retained the original color of its shutters as its namesake.
May 27, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.Learn more