Bike Touring Highlight
The first chapel in Zöpen was apparently built around 1004 to 1009. At that time, all pagan idols were destroyed by Bishop Wigbert of Merseburg and replaced by churches. In 1473 Pope Sixtus IV called it St. Lawrence. Pulpit and altar date from 1693, this year also the church was redesigned.The village Condorf (Kahn village) was probably settled in the 12th to 13th centuries German. The documentary first mention of Kahnsdorf goes back to the men's Heinemann de Kahnsdorf in Lehnbuch Friedrich the Strict of 1350.
August 23, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!