The Rumford-Schlössl is a classical building from 1791 from the time of origin of the English Garden and is a bit hidden, but just in the vicinity of the Chinese Tower. It was founded on the initiative of Count Benjamin Thompson gen. "Rumford", who was also a major source of inspiration for the plant of the English Garden and then Bavarian Minister of War. It served mainly as an officer's casino. Since 1966 it is in the sponsorship of the district youth ring and as an "open meeting" contact point for children and young people from the area. One focus is Education for Sustainable Development (BnE).
May 12, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!