On April 21, 1924 was made by Caspar Klein, Bishop of the diocese of Paderborn, to which Tangermünde was then, the solemn laying of the foundation stone for the Holy Trinity Church. On May 9, 1926 followed by the Paderborn Cathedral Provost Johannes Linneborn their Benediction. Only on 1 September 1929 the church consecration took place. The geostete brick church with its distinctive tower was built in the architectural style of the neo-Romanesque and offers 223 seats. In the vestibule of the church, a statue represents Jesus Christ as Good Shepherd. To the left and right of the choir, a crescent moon Madonna, in front of which sacrificial candles can be placed, and a statue of St. Joseph of Nazareth have their place. On the south wall are the baptismal font and a confessional. The interior of the church includes 14 Kreuzwegbilder and an organ.
Source and more information:
April 30, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.