The arsenal was built in the years 1695-1706 by Johann Arnold Nering, Martin Grünberg, Andreas Schlüter and Jean de Bodt in the Baroque style as an arsenal. Later transformed by Friedrich Hitzig into the Hall of Fame. It was faithful to the original in 1949–1967, and a bit easier to rebuild inside. and has been the seat of the German Historical Museum since 2003.
July 3, 2020
The armory is a monument on Unter den Linden 2 boulevard in the Mitte district of Berlin. Built in the years 1695–1706 by Johann Arnold Nering, Martin Grünberg, Andreas Schlueter and Jean de Bodt in the Baroque style as an arsenal, it was transformed into a hall of fame by Friedrich Hitzig in 1877–1880.
Burned out in the Second World War, the armory was rebuilt in 1949–1967 true to the original and simplified inside.
The oldest building on Unter den Linden boulevard has housed the German Historical Museum since 2003.(Source: Wikipedia)
April 2, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!