The Lütschetalsperre was built between 1935 and 1938 by the Deutsche Reichsbahn for about 4 million Reichsmark. This allowed the stations of Arnstadt, Neudietendorf and Erfurt to be supplied with soft water, thus avoiding the formation of scale in the steam locomotives. Commissioning was on July 12, 1938. The shut-off building is a concrete arched concrete gravity dam that consists of 14 fields. It was founded on quartz porphyry underground. The dam was renovated from 1994 to 1996. The mural crown was renewed once before in the 1980s. (Source: Wikipedia)
March 3, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!