Anyone who walks down the Elbstrasse passes this house and admires the richly decorated framework. The Meningsche Haus, named after its former owners, is the oldest burgher's house in Lauenburg, dating back to 1573. It used to be a barber, today is an ice cream parlor, which is popular in the summer.lauenburg-erleben.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/mensingsche-haus
The Mensingsche Haus was named after the original owner. There are documents documenting an edification in 1573. For a long time a barber was active here. This is the old job title of a barber. The lovingly restored and decorated framework and the location in the heart of the Lauenburg old town make the house a popular photo opportunity. This was already the case at the turn of the century when the Elbe flood reached its previously documented high. Also from this time there are photos. Today, here is an ice cream parlor, which provides in the summer months for a popular cooling off during sightseeing.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!