The Waag and memory house of the new town was rebuilt in 1534 on the site of a 1401 first mentioned "Waaghus". It was with 26: 9 compartments and 5 floors the largest balance house of Brunswick. After the construction of a new scale on the Packhof, it became the "Old Libra" in the 17th century. The building was restored in 1854-1862 by Friedrich Maria Krahe. The mighty, richly ornamented half-timbered building has been a symbol of "Old Brunswick" since the 19th century. Since 1937 he served the NSDAP as the home of the Hitler Youth. During the Second World War, the house was completely destroyed. 1991-1994 a replica was built, which today houses the community college.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!