Road Cycling Highlight
By 1200 at the latest there was a castle in today's Triberg, on which the Lords of Triberg sat, a sideline of the Lords of Hornberg, and of which remains have been preserved. In 1201 there is evidence of a small church near the castle. It was consecrated to St. Blaise of Sebaste and later also to St. Quirinus. According to canon law it belonged to the parish of Schonach in the Black Forest, mother parish not only for Triberg but also for Schönwald in the Black Forest, the villages of Nussbach and Gremmelsbach incorporated in Triberg and the Niederwasser village incorporated in Hornberg. Around 1440 the pastor moved his residence from Schonach to Triberg and called himself "Kilchherr in Triberg".Source: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_in_der_Tanne
July 27, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!