Main and Marktkirche of the old town, begun around 1190/95, in close reference to the cathedral as a fully arched three-aisled pillar basilica completed to about 1225-30. From the Romanesque construction phase u.a. the entire western building with parts of the late Romanesque belfry as well as the two western side portal portals added during the conversion were preserved on the outside.
Around 1250 to about 1400 conversion to the Gothic hall church, cultivation of a 5/8 choir conclusion and 1434 extension of the late Gothic Annenkapelle on the south side. The church was severely damaged in 1944, restored in 1947-56, restored in the exterior in 1979-92 and painted in the interior. The pointed tower helmets were rebuilt in 1980.
St. Martini is since 1528 Protestant Lutheran parish church.
November 29, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!