Bike Touring Highlight
The strong construction and settlement activity in the north-east of Munich in the 1920s also made the construction of a new school building imperative. In 1934 563 pupils had to take up the only school on Schnorr-von-Carolsfeld-Straße in Englschalking, which was bursting at the seams. This was only possible in shift lessons; the remaining 1,000 school-age children were transferred to neighboring schools in Bogenhausen, Haidhausen and Berg am Laim.In May 1936 917 students in 20 classes (class average 47 children) were able to move into the new house. In memory of the Battle of Tannenberg in 1914, the school was named "Tannenberg School".Source: nordostkultur-muenchen.de/architektur/ostpreussenschule.htm
April 19, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!