Bike Touring Highlight
The parish church of St. Gotthardt is one of the outstanding buildings in the old town. 1140 Pribislaw had for the monastic order of Premonstratensians in the settlement Parduin, later the old town, build a field stone church.The stone church was demolished to the lower part of the west gable beginning of the 15th century and replaced by the present late Gothic three-aisled hall church. The Riegelturm in the west and the northeast corner of the transept are preserved to this day. The west façade cites the Hildesheim Cathedral, whose west bar had been erected by the Hildesheim bishop Godehard.Master builder Henrik Reinstorp completed the present, late Gothic hall choir with extensions in the years 1456/57. The nave of the stepped hall was 1473, the southwest annex 1475 under roof. 1623 donated the Tuchmachergilde the pulpit made of sandstone. It is considered the most beautiful pulpit of all Brandenburg churches. The tower of the church was redesigned in 1767 in Baroque style with top and hood.With its huge arched window and its diverse interior design, the St. Gotthardtkirche is one of the most impressive sacral buildings of the Mark Brandenburg. The facade reveals three ages. The west portal still looks Romanesque, while the church nave to the Gothic and the tower is expected to Baroque.
The gothic hall church of brick has a rich equipment: bronze baptism, triumphal cross group, unicorn carpet, Tuchmacherkanzel, epitaphs (since 1549), figural stained-glass windows, galleries and organ (from 1736-37).An interventional restoration took place 1904-1906. After an organ fire in 1972, the interior was painted in color after Renaissance findings. The exterior was restored in 1990/93.
October 21, 2017
The parish church of St. Gotthardt in the old town of Brandenburg on the Havel bears the name of Bishop Godehard von Hildesheim, who died in 1038 and was canonised shortly before the church began construction. The present church was built in the 15th century as a three-aisled Gothic hall church in the brick building. Due to its diverse and rich interior design, such as the pulpit and the unicorn carpet, the St. Gotthardtkirche is one of the most significant sacral buildings of the Mark Brandenburg. The sandstone pulpit is a work of Georg Zimmermann from Nuremberg and was made in 1623. The nave is dominated by a triumphal cross group. The late Gothic carving, around 1500, uses the motif of the tree of life. The altar dates from 1559 and the program of the Reformation unfolds in the individual paintings. In the ambulatory you will find late Gothic figures, probably from altars of the earlier church. For 800 years, people have come to the St. Gotthardt Church for services and church music events. In 1923 Vicco was baptized by Bülow (Loriot).
May 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.