The first church stood here in 1602 and was extended in 1657, when the town of Braunlage grew larger. In 1714, the church was finally too small and was demolished.
At the church was the oldest cemetery Braunlage, which was maintained until 1890/1900. The altar and the baptismal font are preserved and kept in the local history museum.
In 1932/33, the new post office with massive walls made of brown granite was built at this point.
The post office remained in existence until 2004.
March 18, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!