The St. Jakobs Weg Chapel was built around 1489 in the late Gothic style with steep roofs.
The neo-Gothic building from 1889/90 was built as a Masonic lodge and the then dilapidated Jacob's Chapel, which had long since ceased to be used by the church, was included as a gate in the new construction of the hall buildings and the north-eastern round tower. The Johannis Lodge, founded in 1847, resided in the so-called Logenhaus for the acacia in the Orient Meißen until 1933. As part of the forced liquidation in 1934, the house was sold to the evangelical Frauenkirchgemeinde and used as a community center; during the war the building was used as a school, hospital, refugee and old people's home. In 1967 the building complex was converted into a retirement home until it was transferred back to the Meißner Lodge in 1994.
May 21, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!