Bike Touring Highlight
Around the year 1650 a castle was first mentioned in Roskow near Brandenburg.
The present two-storey three-wing complex is in the years 1723-1727 for the family v. Katte rebuilt and then rebuilt from 1880 to 1890 further.
In the period after 1945, this Baroque palace was first used by the Soviet occupation, then as a refugee shelter, and finally by the community as a school building.
After years of vacancy, an event center has been under construction here since 2010 under the name "Roskow Cultural Palace". Art, culture and private celebrations bring life back to the wall.
Roskow is located west of Berlin between Potsdam and Brandenburg a.d. Havel in the administrative district Amt Beetzsee. It is 60 minutes from Berlin-Mitte, 45 minutes from Charlottenburg and 30 minutes from Potsdam.
September 28, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!