The H. Theobaldus Kircke replaces the previous building that was destroyed in World War II. The foundation stone for the new church was laid on December 8, 1955 and the new building was put into operation at Christmas 1956. The most striking features of the church building are the irregular pentagonal base with a gently sloping roof supported by steel trusses, the baptistery connected by a corridor and the relief masonry images on the front depicting Creation and the Holy Trinity.
March 24, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!