On June 27, 1886, the Angermuseum was inaugurated as Erfurt's first municipal museum.  It is housed in the building that formerly housed the public scale Erfurts am Anger. The balance had been necessary at that time, so that incoming trade goods could be correspondingly cleared. Originally, only the gallery on the first floor was used for the museum. The building was built 1706-1711 to plans by the architect Johann Maximilian von Welsch. It is a Franconian-influenced baroque building in whose pediment is St. Martin, the patron saint of the city (Wikipedia).
December 29, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.