Bike Touring Highlight
The church was first mentioned in documents in 1196. Around 1340/50, the construction of the present church is completed. It is the fifth at this point. Around 1496 the choir room is cultivated. In the years 1955/56 the interior of the church was thoroughly renovated. In 1975/76, fittings from the 19th century are removed. Recently the restoration of the tower dome (1993) and finally the renewal of the exterior plaster (2010/11) have been carried out.
February 26, 2017
The war memorial of 1896 was to commemorate the fallen soldiers of the unification wars of 1864 against Denmark, 1866 against Austria and 1871 against France. It comes from the patriotic spirit of the imperial era. The ideals are certainly no longer up to date. It represents the "Westfalia" as a goddess of victory with a dying warrior at her feet. Nevertheless, the monument is today a historical testimony to an outdated world view and a past taste of the times.
May 1, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!