Bike Touring Highlight
The village church Nordgermersleben is the Protestant church in Nordgermersleben, municipality Hohe Boerde in the district of Börde in Saxony-Anhalt. It stands on the western outskirts of the churchyard.
The Church of St. Mary and the Church of St. Pankratius, consecrated by Kunigunde von Walbeck in 995 and consecrated by Bishop Hilliward of Halberstadt in 996, was under the Counts von Walbeck, whom they left to the Collegiate Monastery Walbeck.
From the predecessor of the existing church, the Romanesque tower has been preserved, to which in 1819 a two-storey annexed to the east was added. This church proved to be too small and damp, so that a new building to the tower was built and inaugurated in April 1905. The interior of the church underwent a drastic modernization in 1970.
The neo-Romanesque church consists of regularly layered red sandstone. Between the approximately 8 × 5 m massive west tower and the equally large sanctuary in the east, the approximately 18 m long nave extends to the south adjoins the 3 m wide aisle. Southeast is the sacristy in the flight of the south and east side, in the southwest corner, a slightly set back entrance. The nave is covered with a hipped roof, the aisle with three tent roofs. The copper roofing of 1904 mounted narrow octagonal tower roof rider was renewed in the 1970s. At that time, the damaged slate roof was replaced by concrete tiles, followed in 2014 by a clay tile roofing. The glazing was renewed in 2015.Source:
June 10, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.