Location and history: The Lauterschlägerbrunnen is located in the lower spa gardens of Bad Cannstatt in Stuttgart near Königsplatz. The Lautenschlägerbrunnen (also wrongly called Lautenschlagerbrunnen) is a fountain in the Kursaal facilities in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt and was created in 1934 by the sculptor Jakob Clement and later renovated in 1987.
The pillar carries a boy who sits on a ball and plays the lute.
The Lautenschlägerbrunnen, created by Jakob Clement in 1934, shows a naked boy sitting on a hemisphere and playing on a lute. The hemisphere with the boy rests on an octagonal pedestal
Its water is a state-approved medicinal water.
Mineral water flows from the water dispensers on a low octagonal column into an octagonal trough.
It is not certain whether the name of the fountain comes from the former mayor Lautenschlager or from the boy with the lute.
The fountain is also affectionately called the “silent landlord” by the Cannstatters.
Source: Wikipedia and Stuttgart Bruennele Foundation
October 26, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.