Bike Touring Highlight
A cemetery was originally attached to the church east of the Nikolaikirche. It was laid out in 1350 and officially used until 1530, although individual burials were carried out there until the 17th century. The cemetery was not really closed until the 18th century. In the first half of the 19th century the Kirchhöfle was used as a parade ground, later as a schoolyard. In 1906 the first fountain was built in Kirchhöfle, and since 1997 the "dream fountain" designed by Jürgen Goertz has stood there.
October 9, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.