Mountain Biking Highlight
The war memorial was created in stages between 1879 and 1905 by the Kiel architect Heinrich Moldenschardt and the Berlin sculptor Rudolf Siemering. The Moldenschardt sandstone structure was initially supplemented with a figure frieze made of terracotta, which was so weathered in 1905 that it was replaced by a bronze cast. The semicircular building with its bench bears the frieze divided in the middle, between the two halves there is a higher plaque that bears the names of the 26 citizens of Kiel who fell in the Franco-German War in 1870/71.kiel-wiki.de/Schlo%C3%9Fgarten_(Park)
September 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.