The parish church of St. Cyriakus was rebuilt in 1870 after the previous church was demolished in 1865. The Cologne architect Heinrich Wiethase (1833-1893) built the new church in close collaboration with the pastor Heinrich Bartels. In 1870, after 5 1/2 years of construction, the church was put into operation for the first time at Christmas. The consecration took place due to the Kulturkampf in 1875 by Bishop Johann Bernhard Brinkmann from Münster.Source: katholisch-krefeld-nordwest.de/gremien-einrichtungen/Unsere-Kirchen/st.-cyriakus
September 1, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.