The 72 hectare large and completely fenced Favorite Park is located north of the city center of Ludwigsburg. In the south, the main entrance of the Favoritepark borders directly on the Blooming Baroque, separated only by Marbacher Straße, which is crossed by a pedestrian bridge. Another entrance is in the north-west of the park in the immediate vicinity of the Favoritepark S-Bahn station on line 4. A third entrance is in the east of the park in the Hoheneck district.The central axis of Wilhelmsallee leads through the park from the south entrance to the entrance in the northwest, past the Favoriteschloss. There is a small branch to the entrance in the east.The fenced park is practically identical to the NSG Favoritepark. The landscape protection area (LSG) surrounding the Favoritepark is divided into two parts. One area lies on the northeast border of the park with a depth of a few tens to a few hundred meters. The other area of the LSG is in the south-west of the park, where it only shares a border with the NSG approx. 55 m wide.Together, the NSG and LSG make up the Favoritepark nature and landscape protection area with peripheral areas. The total area of both protected areas is approx. 135 ha.
August 16, 2020
The Favoritepark is a park in Ludwigsburg that surrounds the Favorite Palace. Once used as a pheasantry, it is now a popular excursion destination and local recreation area with around 150,000 visitors annually. It has been a nature reserve (NSG) since 1937, making it the oldest in the Ludwigsburg district.more: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favoritepark
August 16, 2020
The Favoritenpark in Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg:
- Favorite forest including favorite lock
- Entry to the park is free
- it has been under nature protection since 1937
- this should preserve the character of a willow forest
- the oldest spruce trees are said to be over 200 years old
-1707, Duke Eberhard Ludwig arranged for the former community forest to be fenced in and a pheasantry to be built
- today are i.a. Fallow deer and mouflons are native to the Favorite Park.- From 1717-1723 the Favorite hunting and pleasure palace was built in the park
- The Favorite Castle can be visited (against admission)
- Further information at: schloss-favorite-ludwigsburg.de/start- a straight avenue (approx. 2.5 km) leads from Favorite Castle through the park to Monrepos Lake Castle- s. also: komoot.de/highlight/332720
August 28, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.