The small church of St. Candidus is inconspicuous on the B 463 in the small town of Kentheim between Calw and Wildberg on the Nagold. She has a long history behind her. As one of the oldest churches in the southwest, it has pre-Romanesque origins, built before the turn of the millennium, probably Reichenau origin, entrance in the middle of the long side, first mentioned in 1075 as a donation of the Calw Counts to the reborn Hirsau Monastery, enlarged as a nunnery, aligned to the east , In the 13th year rebuilt into a parish church with choir arch, tower and frescoes in the nave. Frescoes in the choir (late 15th century) show various martyr figures. After the Reformation still totenkirche.From Easter Sunday to Reformation Day daily from 10am to 5pm
From 1st November to Holy Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 10am to 4pm
March 26, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.