Bike Touring Highlight
The middle of the 15th century artefacts Schöneschach is located about 1.5 km west of Bad Woerishofen. The village is mentioned in 1450 for the first time. The village was in 1800 from six farms and a shepherd's house, in 1864 he had 45 inhabitants. The chapel of St. Wolfgang from the 16th century had the rule Wörishofen (monastery of St. Catherine), as a base, low and high court gentleman Schöneschachs, cancel in 1603 and rebuild. After its closure in 1804, the chapel went to the district court of Türkheim on 10.06.1807 for 77 guilders, before its reopening could be celebrated in 1818. West of the church is the peace linden tree planted in 1648 on the occasion of the Peace of Westphalia.Source: Band II district Unterallgäu 1987
May 13, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!