In 1361 Rubi was mentioned for the first time in the divisional certificate of the brothers Oswald and Marquart von Heimenhofen. In 1621 there were 23 fireplaces in Rubi. A number that changed little over the centuries.The construction of the St. Anna chapel began in 1636. There were contracts with Oberstdorf and Langenwang early on, namely from the 15th century, which mostly concerned the securing of Trettach or the rights of use in Rubinger Oy. In the middle of the 15th century, the monastery of Augsburg had taken possession of almost the entire town. In 1972 he came to the Oberstdorf market with Schöllang.According to Steiner, the name could go back to the Latin "rovina" (= Muhre), a loanword from our pre-Germanic population. Accordingly, it was taken over by the immigrant Alemanni during the "land grab".Also interesting is the reference to a small town that was located northwest of Rubi on the footpath to Schöllanger Castle before the Thirty Years' War and was called Berg.Source: our-Rubi.de
July 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.