"Buildings on the Lübeck market have been referred to as the Kaak since the 13th century, and today they are considered to be parts of Gothic origin in Lübeck." The Kaak, a medieval court bower and pillory, was demolished and stored after the war in 1952; rebuilt slightly to the north using old components. " Source: luebeck.de/tourismus/sightseeing/sehenswuerdigkeiten/plaetze/markt-und-kaak.html
November 25, 2016
The Kaak on the Lübeck Kohlmarkt
This peculiar building is the pillory of Lübeck, called Low German Kaak, from the Middle Ages. This building is partly Gothic in origin. Since the 13th century, buildings on the Lübeck market were so called.The market was rebuilt several times, from the first Kaak one knows since 1294. He stood on the west side of the market. In 1465 it is reported that it has been converted and converted. The upper floor, the Finkenbauer was placed on a basement Butterbude. The butter stall should accommodate twelve stalls.More detailed information:travestreifzug.de/Brauchtum-Handwerk/Kaak-auf-dem-Markt
December 6, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.