"The Borgmühle, built by Ludolf von Lüdinghausen in 1406, was formerly a building belonging to the Lüdinghausen castle, and at that time a separate new stovecard had to be excavated for the Borgmühle.
After the death of the last knight of Lüdinghausen, in 1443, the mill, as well as the castle, came to the bishop of Münster and later to the cathedral chapter. From the renovation of the mill in 1711, the stone inscription above the entrance testifies. The mill today offers a visually beautiful picture in the heart of the city.
The current mill wheel dates back to 1988 and was donated by the Heimatverein. "Source: nrw-live.de/ausflugsziele/borgmuehle-in-luedinghausen
October 22, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.