Bike Touring Highlight
The Buschelkapelle was built in 1715 according to a plan by P. Christoph Vogt. The inauguration took place in 1729. In 1808 the chapel became a hunting lodge. It was not until 1852 that the building was renovated and restored as a chapel. The St. Michaelskapelle is located about 500 meters east of the hamlet of Fröhlins on a hill in the middle of a castle stable. It is therefore also called Buschelkapelle. The building is an octagonal plaster construction. This is covered inside with a flat ceiling and provided with oval windows. A gallery is attached to the west side above the entrance. On the dome roof is a lantern, which is covered with an onion dome.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!