The correct name of the collegiate church on Mariahilfer Strasse is hardly known: Vienna Military Garrison Church of the Holy Cross. It was built in 1739, probably based on a design by Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach. Between 1785 and 1799 it was used as a military depot. It has only been used as a garrison church again since 1921.
April 20, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!