The Renaissance-Baroque garden with its seven terraces was mentioned as "Himmelgarten" as early as 1529 and was owned by the Stromer von Reichenbach family for centuries. From 1997 onwards, the increasing deterioration of the historical complex was counteracted and after extensive reconstruction, the former castle park became the "Himmelgarten" animal cemetery in spring 2000. The newly built historic entrance portal was inaugurated in 2004. The “Himmelgarten” animal memorial will be closed from January 1, 2020.
June 30, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.