Today's farm was built in 1827. 40 carpenters erected the building in 6 months. The style of the courtyard is the Kinzigtäler courtyard type. A total of 500 cubic meters of wood were processed.The farm has always been family-owned. The name Kuderer has been firmly rooted in the Ritterhof since 1849. In 1997 the annex was built as a holiday home. Apartments have been rented since 1998.In 1999 the farm was badly affected by the storm Lothar on Christmas Day 2. The storm caused enormous building damage and 34 hectares of forest fell victim to it. The areas were all reforested in the coming years.Difference from before and today:In the past, arable farming was carried out on the Ritterhof. Potatoes for humans and animals as well as various types of cereals were grown. There was more arable land than grassland.In the past, servants or maidservants lived on the farm.During the seasons, Romanian seasonal workers help with the work on the farm.Year of construction: 1827Size / usable area: 10 hectares of agriculture, 50 hectares of forestMain occupation: holiday apartment, fruit growing, forestry, Christmas trees, beekeeping, distilleryAnimals on the farm: ponies, goats, dogs, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, and over the summer months also pension cattleFarm produce: honey, schnapps and liqueurs
June 9, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.