Bike Touring Highlight
The Anhalter station was built in the years 1839 to 1841 as terminus of the Saxon (later Berlin-Anhalt) railway between Halleschem and Potsdamer Tor. Until its heavy war damage in 1945, the Anhalter station was a heavily frequented hub of metropolitan life in the sphere of influence of Potsdamer Platz. In the course of the extension and elevation of the station area 1876 to 1880, the original building was replaced by a new building to plans by Franz Schwechten, whose ruins can be seen today.
September 3, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!