Bike Touring Highlight
Based on archival research, we know so far that the Brunottesche yard in Wallenstedt was a Meierhof of the monastery of St. Michaelis in Hildesheim. He was replaced in 1847 by August Brunotte. The farm can be found in the grain registers of the Michaelis Monastery until 1584.
About the grain register, the Winzenburger inheritance register and Meierbriefe the monastery of St. Michaelis can be the family Brunotte at least until 1537 prove farm owner. Source kulturium.de
June 21, 2018
The Brunottesche farm is one of the oldest, most authentically preserved half-timbered farmhouses in southern Lower Saxony. It was built in 1594, survived the Thirty Years' War and is still very original today, as there has never been a large renovation wave rolled over the property. The building is a historical monument.From March 2012 to the end of 2014, the building was restored according to monument preservation aspects. Today, the building is open to the public, for example, at various club events or by appointment. Or you can enjoy the Leinebergland for a few days and stay overnight in our romantic apartment.The Brunottescher Hof e.V association is owned by the Brunottescher Hof e.V. The Brunottescher Hof e.V. was founded in 2009 with the aim of keeping the half-timbered farmhouse in the center of Wallenstedt from demolition.In 2016, our commitment was additionally rewarded. Together with the architecture firm "Bauhütte" - Formann, Nobis, Danz and Partner, we have been awarded the prize for preservation of monuments in the Hannover region by the Niedersächsische Sparkassenstiftung.
October 17, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!