Mountain Biking Highlight
The Sodenberg / Morlesau basalt plant was built in 1904. The area was then owned by the Count of Thüngen. The basalt quarry was below the Kilianstein ruins.
Basalt was mined until 1958, the basalt crater, where the proud Kilianstein Castle once stood, had a depth of approx. 70 meters when the mining work was stopped.
An old film can be found at hammelburger-album.de/index.php/4-allgemein/startseite/159-basaltabbau-am-sodenberg
April 23, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!