Bike Touring Highlight
The marketplace Ahrweiler is first documented in 1290. It is located on the former courtyard of the Reich monastery Prüm and is thus the nucleus of Ahrweiler. As a central place in the middle of the old town it is perceived by citizens and guests as the center of Ahrweiler. The Catholic parish church "St. Laurentius" Ahrweiler on the north side of the square and the partly historic facades all around form the backdrop for a variety of activities and a whole series of regular as well as secular and ecclesiastical events all year round. Next to the parish church stands on the north side of the Zehntscheuer, on its south side is the hotel "Zum Stern" and on its east side the Old Town Hall. These include vintners and old town as well as Christmas and weekly market.
October 8, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!