Bike Touring Highlight (Segment)
The from several sources in a meadow immediately southwest of Heisterberg fed Amdorf brook, which flows about 12 km further east at Burg in the Dill, was in the years 1707-1711 by order of Prince William II of Nassau-Dillenburg about 1.5 km west of its headwaters dammed by a dam about 250 m long as a fish pond. Most of the work was done by the local residents. The pond belonged to the lordly court of the princes in Heisterberg and was used for fish farming and as a water reservoir.
January 6, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!